Home / Motherhood / Alert neighbor saved mother and children from Fargo apartment fire

Alert neighbor saved mother and children from Fargo apartment fire

Officials said the mother and children were asleep when a fire started in their kitchen just before 2:30 p.m. A neighbor who smelled smoke broke down a door and got the family out of the apartment safely. The man returned inside to remove a flaming pan from a stove top.

Smoke detectors didn’t go off when the fire started, and firefighters installed new detectors donated by the red cross, said Battalion Chief Jason Ness.

It is unknown if there were any injuries but it appeared emergency responders were treating children outside the apartment at 505 Oak St. N. The apartment was undamaged, fire officials said.