Wilmington, Del.-based Christiana Care Health System named Heather Farley, MD, its first chief wellness officer.
1. Dr. Farley formerly served as director of provider wellbeing at Christiana Care, where she established the Center for Provider Wellbeing.
2. She has also served as assistant chair of the health system’s department of emergency medicine and medical director at Middletown (Del.) Emergency Department, a freestanding ED.
3. She continues to provide care as an emergency medicine physician at Newark, Del.-based Christiana Hospital’s ED.
4. In addition to her medical training, Dr. Farley holds a master of healthcare delivery science from Dartmouth College in Hanover, N.H.
5. She has also held leadership positions with the American College of Emergency Physicians.
6. As the health system’s first chief wellness officer, Dr. Farley will lead and develop initiatives to enhance professional fulfillment and wellbeing among the medical staff.
More articles on executive moves:
15 latest hospital, health system executive retirements
Washington hospital’s CFO, COO resign for new jobs: 5 takeaways
Le Bonheur Children‘s Hospital names new president: 5 notes
Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2019. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.